Whether your employees operate company vehicles or not, share the following tips with them to help reduce year-round driving dangers caused by glare:
- Drive defensively and leave ample following distance to ensure adequate reaction time.
- Lower visors as needed, to help block some of the reflected light.
- Avoid using high-gloss vinyl cleaners on dashboards.
- Keep windshields clean and the wiper fluid reservoir full.
- Turn on headlights in bad weather to improve visibility for oncoming drivers.
- Wear polarized sunglasses to reduce glare.